Sunday, September 28, 2008

Painful, but...totally worth it!

The very first time we went to survival swimming lessons, I cried... behind my sunglasses I had tears! Abraham cried the whole time and I was heartbroken, I almost jumped in the pool, punched the teacher in the face, grabbed my kid and said: GOODBYE!! ( I went over that scene in my head!!). However; talking to my neighbor, whose daughter goes to the same class, she told me that it was totally normal and that her kid behaved the same way...that it was painful but worth it! We sticked to the classes, and Abraham still cries, but he is floating and he finds the wall and tries to lift himself up on his own! The teacher has thrown him in the water and he has actually turned into his tummy to float! AMAZING! He is 1!!! At this point I'm not too worried about him drawing jut because in Utah, the access to water is very limited. But it does give me some comfort the thought that he could actually survive a couple of minutes in the water on his own if something did happened. Check him out... I'm a proud mama!



3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! That is awesome to see him floating like that by himself!! I guess it is worth it :) IT would be so hard to endure though!

Jen said...

That is so cool! I saw an email forward where a baby did this for a few minutes and cried and cried, but he didn't drown. It was heartbreaking, but at the same time, so cool! I thought, where in the world do they teach classes like that? I guess they do here? Where did you go?

SayitwithanH said...

Ahh. That is so fantastic. Sometimes, its hard to watch them cry when we know its for the best. I luckily only had to take Masina to get one shot. But, she cried and I was sooo sad.

From the Beginning...